3.3.12 won't save/quit

Hello again,

I’m afraid I have another won’t-save/won’t-quit situation with the latest Balsamiq desktop, 3.3.12. This is a brand new project with just a single mockup in it. I don’t see any weirdness in the UI suggesting an RTE, but something isn’t right: I can’t Save, Save as…, or Quit. If I try to close the project I get a warning dialog saying that I could lose the unsaved changes, but if I click ‘Save’ in there then it closes the dialog and nothing else appears to happen.

I am apparently able to export to a BMML zip successfully (a ZIP file with a BMML shows up on my desktop which I can import back in—luckily!)

When I try to export as a PDF I get the ‘Exporting 1 Mockups…’ pop-up which then appears to hang.

Can’t yet figure out how to reproduce this. I’ll try again tomorrow.

S~

Hi @stewartmurrie,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve hit another snag.
I’m wondering: are you using any similar steps than the ones used in your previous bug report? As Brendan mentioned, the fix for this one will be included in the next official release (probably this week).

Would you mind sharing the .bmpr file with us (support@balsamiq.com) so we can try to reproduce this one too? Feel free to include reproducible steps if you find any in the meantime; your last report was very helpful! :slight_smile:

Ah, ok. I was confused, and thought it had been fixed already. But, I don’t know for sure that I’m seeing the same bug as last time (the UI isn’t all messed up in this one, and I haven’t been trying to undo a symbol transforms).

Unfortunately I can’t send a file because I didn’t get a chance to save the project before I encountered the bug! I’ll keep an eye out and see if I can figure out what might be triggering the issue this time.

Yikes Stewart, sorry about that. Check the UnsavedProjects folder in your Local Store to see if the project was in there.

I’m sorry about the confusion. The bug fix should be in 3.3.14, which should be in the next few days (barring any show stoppers.)

Let me know if you can recover the file.

Oh cool, thanks for the tip about the backups! I didn’t see the BMPR in there, but it was throwaway work so I’m not too concerned.

Hey @stewartmurrie,

Just wanted you to know that we just released our latest official version (3.3.14). It includes the fix for the error when undoing the transformation of a group to another control type.

Thanks again for the detailed report! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.3.14) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.