4k support via custom scaling options in settings

Hello,

On the 15.6 inch 4k display 3840*2160 using Windows 10, Balsamiq controls looks blurry.
To avoid this, I should decrease my default scaling 250% to the custom 200% each time I need Balsamiq to launch.

I understand your problems with the full 4k support, that’s why, I’m asking you to just add some custom UI scaling levels in the settings, like Photoshop does. 100%, 150%, 200%. This workaround will help dozens of 4k owners.

I agree completely, @Alex, and it’s something we want to do.

Right now, our hands are a bit tied due to the fact that we are running on Adobe’s Air Framework, which limits what we can do with custom scaling.

With that being said, the next generation of our Desktop app will be built on completely native frameworks, so it should scale to any % gracefully.

I don’t have a date for Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop, but we are actively working on it. We are in a closed beta of our new Balsamiq Cloud app - which uses the Balsamiq Wireframes Web Editor - and as soon as that is ready for prime time, we will be abe to focus on our Desktop apps.

Hopefully we will get to talk more about that soon. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer for you today, Alex, but it’s a pain we are aware of and are working towards fixing!

If there is anything else we can do for you, just let us know.