Adding checkbox or color in Data grid with pasted Excel data issues

Balsamiq v3.4.1

I’m not sure if I found a bug or if I am doing something incorrectly.

I am taking data pasted from Excel and putting into a data grid. On some of the rows, I’d like to add a disabled checkbox or color the whole row but it does not seem to work.

I am attaching screenshots and code below.

Example 1. First try was to make the checkbox disabled using -[x]- (See row 2 and second to last row)

Example 1 Code: > Active v^ Change \r Code v^ Imperative v^ Change Description Effective Start Date Effective End Date Generated By v^

[x] ABC C Some text here Jun-14-2016 User
-[x]- DEF C Some text here Jun-12-2016 System
[] GHI C Some text here May-01-2016 User
[x] JKL C Some text here Jun-12-2016 System
[] ZZZ C Some text here Apr-01-2016 User
[x] GHI C Some text here Mar-25-2016 User
[] JKL M Some text here User
[x] ZZZ M Some text here Apr-15-2016 User
[x] GHI M Some text here May-15-2016 System
[] JKL M/C Some text here Jan-25-2016 User
[x] ZZZ M Some text here Feb-12-2016 System
-[x]- GHI M/C Some text here Mar-25-2016 System
[] JKL M Some text here Jan-25-2016 User

Example 2. Then I tried to add color to the entire row to show it was disabled using syntax {color: 999999} data here {color} (See Row 2).

Example 2 Code: > Active v^ Change \r Code v^ Imperative v^ Change Description Effective Start Date Effective End Date Generated By v^

[x] ABC C Some text here Jun-14-2016 User
{color: 999999} [x] DEF C Some text here Jun-12-2016 System {color}
[] GHI C Some text here May-01-2016 User
[x] JKL C Some text here Jun-12-2016 System
[] ZZZ C Some text here Apr-01-2016 User
[x] GHI C Some text here Mar-25-2016 User
[] JKL M Some text here User
[x] ZZZ M Some text here Apr-15-2016 User
[x] GHI M Some text here May-15-2016 System
[] JKL M/C Some text here Jan-25-2016 User
[x] ZZZ M Some text here Feb-12-2016 System
-[x]- GHI M/C Some text here Mar-25-2016 System
[] JKL M Some text here Jan-25-2016 User

Please let me know if you need any additional info.

Thanks!

Hi Sam,

There are some datagrid topics to cover. So let us dive in.

Disabled Checkbox
In the datagrid we have no syntax to add a disabled selected checkbox. The only option would be to take a checkbox control and overlay the datagrid with it. In the checkbox control you would need to remove all the text.

I added your vote for to the feature request to add disabled checkboxes and radiobuttons to the datagrid.

Example 1 linked x
The datagrid works with a lot string matching which can be fiddly. We add a checkbox when you add e.g “[x]” followed by a separator or line break. Valid separators for the datagrid are commas and tabulator. Now if you have a checkbox string followed by a space like "[x] " then a different macro matches. This is the text link macro.

The solution would be to remove the one space that is hiding next to the tabulator.

Example 2 color macro
The separators of the dratagrid split each row into several text blocks. Macros Let’s take following two rows

abc, -def-
-abc, def-

The first row: “abc” will be black and “def” will be disabled gray. Thanks to the “-” surrounding “def”.
And the second row: We will get “-abc” will be black and “def-” will also be black. The reason is that we first split the text and then check for text macros.

To disable the text in a row each block needs to be wrapped in like this: -text-, -text-, …

If you want to use the color macro instead it would be {color: 999}text{color}, {color: 999}text{color}, …

Please let us know if you have additional questions.