Applying a background color

I am using Balsamiq for the first time. Does someone know how to apply a background color to a label please?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Hey @Robert_Buttigieg!

Welcome to Mockups :). I hope everything has been going well for you!

While you cannot add a background color to the label itself, it is possible to place a color behind it using the rectangle control.

To do this, you will want to make your label and then create a rectangle control (either through the UI library, or using our Quick Draw Shortcuts) that is roughly the same size. You will want to turn off the border of the control, select a color, and then place it on top of the label.

Because you want to be able to read the text, you will have to send the rectangle down a layer using the layering options.

Once you have your label and rectangle set up properly, you can group them, and then you’ll be able to move them as a unit.

Let me know if that works for you, Robert. If you have any questions about this, or anything else at all, please don’t hesitate to post here or email us. We are happy to help however we can!

@Brendan

Yes it worked! Thanks a lot for your kind help. Another thing, do you know how can I add options to a combo box please?

Thank you!!

Absolutely, @Robert_Buttigieg :slight_smile:

To add options to the combo box, double click on the box and then just add the options underneath, like this:

You can also change the “name” of the ComboBox by editing the first line. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your help!! :slight_smile: