Balsamiq Community Discussion

[Asking / Need Help] Change to another PC/Laptop

Hi Expert,

I have a Balsamiq Mockup 3 downloaded and has been purchased. Now this software has been installed in my laptop. The problem is, I want to move this Balsamiq Mockup from my current laptop to my PC Desktop.

Kindly need your help about the step by step “how to do” in order can be operates from my new PC.

Looking forward for the answer.

Thank you very much.

Best,

Razka

Hello @Razka,

You can always download Mockups 3 for Desktop here.

The license is tied to you, so you are welcome to install your license on both your current laptop and your PC Desktop (and any other computer you use regularly). You can read more about this here.

To move your license to your new machine, you would select the “Help” menu and then “Unregister from this Computer,” and then install the program on your new machine.

Finally, we wanted to just mention that we released Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop, our new major version update, on January 15, 2020.

The cost for new licenses remains the same and the update cost for Mockups 3 for Desktop licensees will be 50% of the regular price.

As usual, updates are not required, and you will be able to continue to use version 3 if you don’t wish to purchase a major version update. We have some additional information here: https://balsamiq.com/wireframes/desktop/sales/update/

I hope this helps Razka, if you have any other questions for us, you can reach us at sales@balsamiq.com.

Hi Kendra,

Thank you for your respond. Now I wanna ask this:

1. So, is it true that I can use at both devices…my laptop and my PC…?

2. If it is true, how to see my activation code please? So I can copy paste the activation code to my other PC.

3. You said that, I can still use my Balsamiq ver. 3 right if I don’t want to pay for the updates new version. My question is, if i click updates and install the version 4, do I need to pay again for new version??? i have already purchased the 3rd version.

kindly advice.

thanks.

Hello @Razka, thanks for your message!

To answer your questions,

1. Yes, you are most welcome to install your license on both your devices (laptop and PC).

2. If you don’t have your registration information, we would need you to send an email to sales@balsamiq.com so we can assist you with finding it. If you know the purchaser’s email address, the license name, the purchase date and/or the last 4 digits of the credit card used, that will help us to track down your license.

3. You have paid for version 3 (Mockups 3 for Desktop), so if you choose, you can continue to use this version. Version 4 (Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop) is a paid major version update, so you would need to pay $44.50 for the update to use version 4.

Best,
Kendra