When adding the full Iconic Pro icon set in PNG form, I’ve found that trying to add too many icons at once crashes B3. There are 587 images in the set. The threshold seems to be somewhere between 200 and 300, but it’s not an exact number.
To reproduce (Windows 8):
- Open Balsamiq with a new project
- Add an icon to the canvas
- Double-click on the icon to open the icon chooser
- Click on Assets and then on the +
- Select more than 300 images at once
At this point I immediately get the Windows application crash message (the upload doesn’t begin).
Workaround: I’ve been able to add all the icons by dividing them up into 4 groups, so it’s the upload that’s the problem, not the storage.
If you’re unable to reproduce with another icon set, I can email the one I’m using (it’s a commercial product so I can’t post it here).