Balsamiq Community Discussion

Balsamiq and Confluence

Hi Balsamiq team,
I have Balsamiq-Desktop.
And we have Atlassian jira and Confluence.
How can I link them ? is it a plugin on Confluence? or is it a different version of Confluence?

What is Balsamiq for Confluence exactly ?

Hi there @simple45 ,

Thanks for asking. Simply put, Balsamiq Wireframes for Confluence is the same wireframes editor you’re used to using in the desktop app but it runs inside Confluence. It is an integration similar to other integrations/apps that you might find in the Atlassian Marketplace.

Instead of your projects being saved on your Mac or PC hard drive, the projects are saved as attachments to your Confluence pages.

If you take a look at this page - Balsamiq Wireframes for Confluence - there’s a quick 5 minute video which explains exactly how it works.

Thanks for the Quick reply Alasdair.
On my confluence, I am not seeing this possibility to create a wireframe.
Is il because my confluence is not the Cloud version ?

Hi @simple45!

Our app works both for Confluence Cloud and Confluence Data Center/Server so no worries on that side.

You can install it from this page and you should then be able to create a Balsamiq project on your Confluence page (or import an existing one).

Hope this helps!

Thanks Vingin. I do not understand very well :slight_smile:
We have Confluence Server (we dont’t have the Confluence Could and we don’t intend to have it).
Since, I am not seeing the “balsamiq wireframe” option in confluence-submenus, what am I supposed to do so that I can create “Balsamiq” wirefarmes from within confluence?
Install something else? is it my confluence server version? or what exactly?

Hey @simple45

Just to be clear, when you edit or create a Confluence Page, the option to add a Wireframe is not in the + menu?

If that is the case, can you verify that our addon has been installed?

Let’s start there and see if we can figure it out.

Yes. When I edit or create a Confluence Page, the option to add a Wireframe is not in the + menu.

Ok, @simple45. Two things to check in the admin panel.

First, let’s verify that it installed correctly.

Second, in the plugin configuration, let’s verify that there are no errors with the RTC server.

OK, Thanks. Seems like it is not installed at all.

Hi @simple45 , That would definitely explain it!

The Marketplace page is here: Balsamiq Wireframes for Confluence

And there is some additional information on administration here: Balsamiq Wireframes for Confluence Admin Guide

Note that, as with any Atlassian integration, you’d need to be able to log in to your instance as an admin. Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks Alasdair and Brendan. I got it.
Indeed, we don’t have it yet.

1 Like