Balsamiq Community Discussion

Balsamiq Cloud: Pasting assets across multiple frameworks at once

New user here. I’ve been reading through the forums looking for other threads on this topic, but haven’t come across anything concrete yet.

I have a prototype project consisting of roughly 10-15 screens across 20 or so wireframes. Of course, at the end I realized it would be nice to add a “restart” button to the side of all my frameworks to allow others viewing the prototype an easy way to return to the starting point as there are a few workflows that do not support navigation. I added a button and text field linking the button to my starting wireframe and set about the tedious task of pasting to each wireframe one at a time. Is there a way to paste to multiple wireframes at once?

Please let me know if I can include any additional information. Thanks for reading!

Hi @Edmund and thanks for joining our forums!

The easiest way to modify a control (or a group of controls in this case) in multiple wireframes is to use our Symbols feature.

In your example, it would require to build the symbol first but then, you will be able to add (or remove) elements from it and it will be reflected in all wireframes using that symbol.

You can read all about it on this page.

Hope this helps! We’ll be here if you need anything else. :slight_smile:

Hi @Virgin thanks for the quick response.

I think the Symbols feature is exactly what I was looking for. I will toy around with this. Thank you!

1 Like