We think the issue may be fixed. Since we cannot reproduce it in-house (we did a video call with a customer after applying the fix provided by Atlassian) would you mind checking to see if we are back up and running on your Confluence instances?
If we are, everything should just start working again, without intervention.
If you worked on your projects in Mockups 3 for Desktop, and want to get the updates into confluence, follow these steps:
- Download the .bmpr file from the Confluence Page’s attachments (for backup)
- Delete the .bmpr file that is currently attached to that page.
- Upload the .bmpr file that you edited in Mockups 3 for Desktop
- Edit the Confluence Page and remove the Mockups Macro
- Click on the “Insert More Content” button and add a new Balsamiq Mockups Macro
The new macro should detect the updated project that has been attached to the page. You can then insert it, save the page, and voila - your updates are in Confluence.
Note: If you have a lot of macros/projects on a single page, you may want to select “Launch the Balsamiq Editor” from the macro editor and export your mockups to PNGs attached to the Confluence page.
Here is a gif that walks through the whole process, including exporting the PNGs:
http://recordit.co/ZXlOXMrtN8 (it was too long to embed - our forums cut off the end of it)
If you used Balsamiq Cloud to edit your projects, let me know and I will get them converted to a format that will work with Mockups 3 for Confluence Cloud.
Let me know if we are back up and running on your instances, and we will go from there. Thank you again for your patience.