Balsamiq taking 1366x768 when maximized on an external 1920 by 1080 monitor


#1

Hello there.

I have a project (bmpr) I created on an older computer. When opening it on my current laptop, it behaves odd. The application window size becomes 1366 x 768 when maximized, which is the size of the laptop default panel, which I never use; instead, I use two external Full HD monitors, and expect that when I drag the application window on any of the monitors and click the “maximize” button, it will take an 1920 by 1080 size.

What seems to be the issue? How do I address this? This prevents me from getting my work done.

Thank you,
Claudius


#2

I fixed it this way: I opened Balsamiq by using the program’s shortcut (not the bmpr). This still opened my last project (rather than presenting and empty one), and still showed the issue. So I went to Project -> Close Project, and then closed Balsamiq. When I reopened it, it behaved normally. Then I opened my (troblesome?) project, via Project->Open Recent Project, and it behaved normally too. Don’t know if that is of any help, but still.

Thank you,
Claudius


#3

Thanks for following up on this, Claudius. That is a super weird bug.

The app sometimes has trouble with external monitors. Please let me know if you continue to see weirdness with this. We’d love to get it fixed.


#4

Hei Brendan,

Actually, after following up on this, the bug manifested again, PLUS, the interface of the app itself looked “zoommed” (which I could tell from looking at the graphics inside the components ribbon at the top, which looked jagged because of the scalling. So I restarted my Windows 10 machine, and now Balsamiq looks and behaves normally. Weird einough, indeed.

Don’t know if it is relevant, I have a custom DPI factor set on my Windows 10, I believe is 110%. I know AIR isn’t particularly friendly with external monitors, nor is it with switching monitors on the fly, I am an AIR developer, and found that, the ugly way (happened to one of my apps).