Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive horribly slow

hello there,

just upgraded from Balsamiq mockups v3 for Google Drive to Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive. Read that its supposed to be much faster and Flash-free.

the reality is the new version is waaaaaayyyy slower and its killing me as I try to complete an existing project with 5 -10 panels. I’m very close to going back to the older version so it doesn’t take me hours to do what took minutes before.

Is there a reason the new version operates so much more slowly? every little movement takes the system forever to respond on.

I also find it interesting that I see no posts about this topic.

1 Like

Hi @Kurt_Carter and so sorry for the trouble.

We’re very surprised to hear about your experience with Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive since it should be faster and not the opposite.

Does the issue occur also while working on an empty project or only with this specific one?

Could you please share your BMPR file via so that we can try to reproduce the issue here? We will keep your data strictly confidential and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

We’ll do our best to help!

OK. Here it is.

I run it from Google Drive.


Thanks @Kurt_Carter!

I uploaded the project to my Google Drive, and I didn’t notice any issues.

Let’s try a couple of things:

  1. Clear your browser cache just in case there is something funky going on there
  2. Load the project in a different browser, just to see if it’s a systemwide issue or not.

Let’s start there and see if we make any progress. I’m sorry again for the trouble, my friend.

Okay. I will do that tomorrow I’ve just moved offices and I’m getting my
computer setup again. What I did notice is that every little thing, every
little movement takes forever. Like just moving an icon or just dragging
something or typing in some text there’s a good 15 - 20 - 30 second delay
every time. That’s what I noticed.