[BUG] Collaborator accessing document gets stuck at "Initializing"

I have a colleague who also has the full version of the application who references a wireframe document I am working on. When I have the document open (usually the case) and my colleague tries to open it as well, the application frequently (but not always) “hangs” at the “initializing” stage. When this happens, if I close the browser window I have open, my colleague’s browser will now go past initializing. Oddly, I have never had trouble re-opening it immediately afterwards.

I can think of a few things that might make the difference between when it happens and when it doesn’t, but I don’t know if any of them are the cause:

• How long I’ve had the file open in my browser
  • How many edits I’ve made across how many wireframes or symbols since it’s been opened
  • Whether it’s been opened fresh* or restored**

* Fresh: It was opened directly from Google Drive
** Restored: Tab has been reopened after shutting down and restarting Google Chrome or shutting down and restarting my computer (my Chrome is configured to reopen all windows and tabs that were open when it was closed and my computer automatically reopens Chrome when it restarts)

-Jenni

Hi Jenni!

Thanks for this post and apologies for this annoyance - it sounds frustrating.

Are either of you seeing any errors in the browser console when this is happening? Can you (both) try clearing your browser cache and edit the project again and tell me if the problem persists?

I’ll ask my colleague to check the next time it happens to him and will do the same if it happens to me and then get back to you. In the meantime, I’ve cleared my cache and asked him to do the same.