[Bug] Export to PDF/Word no longer includes Mockups

Using the “Export to PDF” or “Export to Word” options in Confluence no longer includes the Balsamiq mock-ups. There’s just a blank space in the document.

Not sure if this is a problem with Confluence or with Balsamiq.

I do note that in older versions of Balsamiq, the mock-ups were saved as PNG images, which were then displayed on the Confluence page, and presumably also exported. Now, the mock-ups are rendered in real time.

I’ve tried this in both Firefox and Chrome.

Here’s what the screen looks like in Confluence:

And here’s what the exported PDF looks like:

About to log an issue with Confluence as well.

Hi @maxcelcat,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. You’re right, the mockup cannot be included in your exported PDF anymore since it’s not a PNG (static) file on the Confluence page.

I can totally see how it affects your use of the plugin, and I will raise this matter so we can discuss it with the team and try to come up with a good solution for it.

In the meantime and as a workaround for now, you can export a mockup (or all mockups) to PNG from inside the editor when you’re working on a project. You can then insert the PNG file(s) on the Confluence page, and they should be in the exported PDF of the Confluence page.
The option is available via the project menu, as shown below:

I understand this may not be an ideal solution for you, but I thought I would share it in case that helps while we think about a better way for this use case! :slight_smile:

That’s better than nothing, I’ll use it for the moment. But it is a lot slower than just doing the export in one step.

This is still a problem - any movement on it?

Hey @maxcelcat,

We did a little release last week that added the ability to attach a PNG directly to the Confluence page, so we have removed a step from the original workaround.

We are going to be improving the UX for this, but we wanted to get this feature out quickly as to address the concerns that were popping up.

Sorry if this continues to be a pain. We are working on it! :slight_smile:

Just spotted that this now seems to be resolved and mockups are back in PDF exports. Thanks! :smiley: