Balsamiq Community Discussion

[Bug] Label color resets after closing / opening project

In Balsamiq Cloud, I’m running into an issue where color selections for labels are resetting. Thanks for your help!

Very weird, Bret. Both @alasdair and I have been trying to reproduce this, but haven’t had any luck.

I can’t tell if you’re on Mac or Windows, but I cannot reproduce in the latest Firefox version for macOS.

If you open a private browser window in Firefox, login, and make changes, do they stick then? If not, can you send me a screenshot of Firefox’s Javascript console? I wonder if there a clue there.

I’m sorry for the trouble, Bret. We will do everything we can to get it sorted ASAP.

Aha, I take it back, we just got it to trigger (using your project).

Let us chat with the dev team in the morning (they are all in Italy so they should be in bed by now), and then I’ll get you an update.

Sorry for the trouble again, @Bret_Truchan. Now that we can reproduce it, getting to the bottom of it should be much easier. :slight_smile:

No trouble at all. Good luck in finding the problem!

2 Likes

Quick update. Really weird stuff is happening! I’m assuming that it’s related to the color bug, but if not, let me know and I’ll start a new thread. When I opened a project today, one of the icons is super tiny. This icon appears on 3 pages, and all three pages were affected. Here’s the project. I won’t fix the bug for a while: Balsamiq Cloud

Additionally, some other icons (not all) became misaligned and shifted to the right.

Thanks!

Hi again @Bret_Truchan

Ugh - so sorry this is happening. Can you tell me which project that is and the name of the wireframe and we’ll take a look? Thank you.

Sure! The project is called “SMS”, and it’s happening in all of the wireframes. It’s probably easiest to look at the first one called “Main”. The account is 2600Hz. Unfortunately, I don’t know what triggered this error. The super tiny icon is smaller than any icon can get, which is amusing. :grinning:

Thanks @Bret_Truchan,

So I’m not seeing it on my first pass in Safari or Chrome on Windows 10 or macOS which is curious:

CleanShot 2021-11-19 at 10.10.26

I don’t recall which platform and browser you are on? Can you try a couple of things for us to try to isolate this:

• Try another browser - any other browser than your usual browser just as a test. Does the problem persist?
  • In your prefered browser, open up a private browsing/incognito window and log in to Balsamiq Cloud in that window. Same problem?

You bet! I’m using Firefox 94.0.1 (64-bit) on Windows 10.

First, my findings:

• The bugs aren’t there in Chrome
  • When I cleared all my my cookies and cache in Firefox, the errors persisted

So it seems like an issue with Firefox. I can use Chrome for a while, no problem. :slight_smile:

Here’s more information about my system:

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎9/‎7/‎2020
OS build 19043.1348
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Thanks @Bret_Truchan

Were you able to try a private window in Firefox? Interested to know if you still see it then?

I just gave it a shot. It’s still buggy in a private window. :space_invader:

1 Like

Thanks for running through all this with us @Bret_Truchan as we know it can be a pain. When you get a moment, can you try one more thing?

Please explicitly disable all extensions and plug-ins - it’s just temporary and you can enable them all again afterwards.

Same problem?

Disabling plugins and extensions fixed the problem. Give me one moment. I’m going to activate them one at a time and see what happens.

Nope, I talked to soon! I closed and reopened the project and the bugs are back! Let me double check everything.

Progress! Thank you.

If disabling all of them resolves the issue, depending on how many you have you could re-enable them one at a time or in batches to identify which is affecting the behavior.

No, unfortunately, it’s stranger than that. I thought it was fixed, but it’s just more … ridiculous!

Opening a new tab and pasting the URL https://balsamiq.cloud/stys4sg/p7vrrp2/r2278 into the tab in Firefox causes the bugs to show up. :bug:

Refreshing the project fixes the issues. :trophy: Any time I open a new tab and go directly to the project, the errors show up again. :-1:

Even if I open a new tab and go to the projects page (https://balsamiq.cloud/stys4sg/projects), then navigate to the project (by selecting it in the project list), the bugs appear.

However, if I open a new tab, go to the projects page (https://balsamiq.cloud/stys4sg/projects), then refresh the projects list, then go to the SMS project, the bugs are gone.

Maybe something isn’t getting loaded when the application is first loaded, but it gets resolved when it’s reloaded? I didn’t see anything strange in the error logs except for:

PS: This doesn’t happen in Chrome.

1 Like

Thanks for the sherlocking @Bret_Truchan . We’ll dig in to it and see what’s going on.