Balsamiq Community Discussion

Bug: New Arrow Control

The selection handles for the new arrow control disappear if the arrow / line is a part of a group. So, even going in the group - everything else is editable, but the line control is not - cannot resize or do anything since the handles are not visible.

I noticed someone said the handles are visible on the left side of the canvas. In my case, the handles are not at all visible anywhere…

Hey @harjeetgulati!

I’m really sorry about the arrow trouble. We were so excited to have “Big Boy” arrows that we missed this bug. We are working on a fix and will update you as soon as it’s available. :slight_smile:

Awesome Brandon! Thanks for quick follow up - on a Sunday :slight_smile:

Hi @harjeetgulati,

Sorry again for the snag.

We just released a new version (3.3.3) including the fix for this one, you can download it here: https://balsamiq.com/download

Thanks for the report! Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Have a great week!

1 Like

Thanks, this bug is addressed.

There’s another request - the Big Boy Arrow should have some constraining key as well. Very difficult to draw straight arrows if you want. You have to either adjust line width/height to 1 to make it straight depending on the orientation. Perhaps pressing the command key should constrain the height or width depending on which quadrant this arrow is in. Will be incredibly helpful.

Hey @harjeetgulati,

This makes perfect sense, It has been requested a few days ago so I added your vote for this in our internal tracker to help us prioritize it.

Thanks for sharing your needs about this, we’ll look into it! :smile:

Hi @harjeetgulati ,

Great news! We just released our latest official version (3.3.5) including some improvements for the new Arrows! Holding down SHIFT while dragging an arrow end-point will snap at 45 degree intervals, as shown below:

Thanks again for the request! :smile:

You can get the new version (3.3.5) here:

And the complete release notes are here:
http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2016/01/07/3-3-4/