[Bug] Objects disappearing - BETA

I am using the new beta version of Balsamiq (3.999.405 - 01/18/2017 13:40) and I think various parts of my mockup are disappearing as I move between screens. In my design I have a directory structure in a left hand sidebar. I have just come back to this screen and it has now disappeared. However, if you have a look at the Balsamiq thumbnail of this screen you will see the directory structure is still there. Sorry, not sure what actions made it disappear.

I wondered if my directory structure went to the background so I tried selecting all objects in this part of the mockup but nothing was selected. I am thus thinking it has been lost rather than hidden.

So sorry for the snag @brzsw!

First, let’s try to locate a previous version of your file from the backup folder. Hopefully, it will contain a version with the missing data.

Also, would it be possible for you to share the BMPR file with us so we can have a closer look? We’ll keep your data strictly confidential, of course.

In case the issue occurs again, feel free to share any reproducible steps as those may help too.

Sorry again for the trouble, my friend. We’ll do our best to help!

Hi Virgin,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually had a very similar directory structure on a number of different screens so I just copied another and pasted it over. I just wanted to report it in case anyone else encounters a similar loss.

I can send my BMPR file if it helps, but I have put the lost data in now.

Good to hear that you got the data back this way @brzsw. Thanks for keeping us in the loop. :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind, we’d love to take a quick look at the project so that Florian, our developer in testing, can see if any root cause can be identified there. Not sure we’ll find it this way but worth a try!

Thanks for your help!