[BUG] Right-click selection does not work for colored rectangles

Hi,

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add a rectangle (200 x 200) and change it’s color to anything else than the default white
  2. Clone the rectangle 2 times
  3. Place the 3 rectangles on top of each other with some X and Y offset (e.g. position of the bottom one is 0/0, position of the middle one is 20/20, position of the top one is 40/40). See the image below:
    balsamiq_bug_01
  4. Right click on the top one and try to select the middle one from the context menubalsamiq_bug_02
  5. No matter which option you choose, the bottom one is always selectedbalsamiq_bug_03

Windows 7 64-bit, Balsamiq 3.5.15 here.

Best regards,
Drago

Hi @ddenev and thanks for the report!

We’re seeing this behavior too and the good news is that it’s already fixed in our new editor, Balsamiq Wireframes.

We don’t have a firm date yet but we’re planning on releasing our new major Desktop version this year (both for Windows and Mac).

Sorry that I don’t have an immediate solution for this (except using one of our new apps like Balsamiq Cloud) but this shouldn’t be a problem for too long.

Let us know if you need anything else, we’re always happy to help!

Hi Virgin

and thank you for the reply.

As far as I understand, the new Wireframes will require a licence purchase. Are you saying that if I stay at v3 then this bug will never be fixed for me unless I upgrade?

We are a big company and upgrading the license might take quite some time (if at all).

Best regards,
Drago

You’re right, Drago, Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop will be a major-version update, as detailed here, so it will have an additional cost.

That being said, we will also investigate and see if we can fix it in our current version, Mockups 3 for Desktop. I’ve already filed the bug for our dev team to have a closer look.

Thanks again for the report!