[BUG] Scroll bars disappear randomly, mouse based panning and scrolling doesn't work

I’m afraid I can’t nail down exactly what is causing the problem I’m seeing (that is, it happens apparently at random), but hopefully, someone can help with it.

I am using Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive with Chrome 65.0.3325.181 on Windows 10.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Create several wireframes with parts outside the visible view screen when viewed at 1:1
  2. Set all wireframes at 1:1
  3. Select any wireframe
  4. Hold down the SPACE key and attempt to pan the design
  5. Use your mouse scroll wheel, with and without the SHIFT key.
  6. IF the bug occurs: (review “Actual Results”)
  7. Select any other wireframe
  8. Select the originally affected wireframe again
  9. Click “zoom in”, “zoom out” or “zoom to fit”
  10. Hold down the SPACE key and attempt to pan the design
  11. Use your mouse scroll wheel, with and without the SHIFT key.
  12. Return to the other wireframe
  13. Whether the bug occured or not:
  14. Go back to step 3 until you’ve touched all wireframes a few times, trying to not always switch between them in the same order.

EXPECTED RESULTS

• At step 3, in all cases, there is at least one scrollbar (vertical or horizontal) that allows the user to scroll the canvas to bring any hidden part of the design into view.
  • At step 4, in all cases, the cursor changes to the “Panning” hand and the user can pan different sections of the design into view by clicking and dragging.
  • At step 5, in all cases, the canvas scrolls vertically or, when SHIFT is held, horizontally to bring hidden sections into view

ACTUAL RESULTS

• At step 3, at random intervals, a wireframe will display no scrollbars
  • At step 4, the cursor changes but clicking and dragging has no effect
  • At step 5, the canvas does not scroll vertically or horizontally
  • At step 7, the other wireframe may, also at random intervals, not have scrollbars
  • At step 8, switching back to the affected wireframe does not restore the scrollbars
  • At step 9, clicking on zoom in, zoom out or “fit to screen” does restore the scrollbars
  • At step 10, the cursor changes to the “Panning” hand and the user can pan different sections of the design into view by clicking and dragging.
  • At step 11, the canvas scrolls vertically or, when SHIFT is held, horizontally to bring hidden sections into view
  • At step 12, at random intervals, the other wireframe may not have scrollbars, regardless of whether it had scrollbars when it was first viewed

Yup, I’m seeing it intermittently too, but only when switching between wireframes. I have to click and drag out a marquee selection before the scrollbars show up.

Let’s sick @Florian_Brauer on this and see if we can uncover the bug.

Good news @Jenni_Merrifield, this is related to a zoom bug that will be fixed in the next release. :slight_smile: A two-for-one!

Great news!

Is there an ETA on when the next release of Wireframes for Google Drive will happen?

I’m not sure, but I’m hoping this week. :slight_smile: