Bug: Wrong move across layers with keyboard shortcuts

Some bug:

If I move my layers consistently I encounter a bug, that an element is moved all the way to the top instead of just by one layer.

Steps to reproduce:

• Create 3 overlapping elements, for example 3 canvases
  • Select the top layer
  • I move the layer all to the background by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Down (works fine)
  • I want to move the layer on layer up (so between the other two canvases), I press Ctrl+Up.
    -> With the last action, the layer is moved all the way up to the top in front of all layers.

Interestingly enough, if I do a step in between the keyboard shortcut works. If I do

• Create 3 overlapping elements, for example 3 canvases
  • Select the top layer
  • I move the layer all to the background by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Down (works fine)
  • I move the position of the canvas a few pixel (up arrow, down arrow)
  • I click Ctrl. + Up, to move it one layer
    -> Canvas is moved up only one layer

btw: I often need this combination of moves. Because I want to move an element all the way back, but I still want it in front of a background canvas. So this is a combo move use daily.

edit: using Version 3.0.3 on Windows

Hmm, I’m not able to reproduce this. Does it happen every time for you @Roland_Studer ? I’m on Mac, so maybe there’s something different there. If it’s consistent for you, that’ll help as we dig further. Thanks!

I have this consistenly I think it was all throughout the Beta.

• I use Win 8.1
  • Air Version 16.0.0.237

Hi @Roland_Studer

Thanks I managed to reproduce the issue. And I know also the cause. The app still thinks that the shift key is still pressed which is wrong. We had the same issue with nudging.

We get it fixed.

@Florian_Brauer Thx a lot for looking into it.Will save me a quite a few keyboard strokes!

Hi Roland!

We fixed the issue in 3.0.4. Among other things.
Here are the complete release notes:
http://blogs.balsamiq.com/product/2015/03/24/bugfixes/

As usual you can get the new version here:
http://balsamiq.com/download/