Balsamiq Community Discussion

Can my cloud service project customer view the balsamiq wireframe I have attached to the issue

Can my Atlassian cloud service project customer view the balsamiq wireframe I have attached to their issue ? How do I enable this.

Hi there @Paul_Sawkins,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum!

Just so I understand correctly, you’re using Jira Cloud and you have Balsamiq Wireframes for Jira Cloud installed, correct?

And, further, you have added a Balsamiq Project to a Jira issue - an issue to which one of your customers has access?

If so, they should be able to see the wireframes just fine in the “Balsamiq Wireframes” section of the Story in Jira e.g.

Let me know if I have misunderstood or if anything is unclear and we can work through it until you’re all set.

We have the new Jira cloud support project - designed to support many customers with few agents. We attach Balsamic mock-ups and licensed users can see and update (agents) - but customers (unlicensed) do not see the attachment. Want them able to see it, run it, but not edit it.

Regards

Paul Sawkins

Hey Paul,

You’ll have to forgive me as I haven’t played with Jira permissions in quite some time, but I believe this is a limitation of the unlicensed user permission level. They would need to have access to an issue’s attachments to even view the Balsamiq project. Is that a permission level you can grant an unlicensed user?

Jira have a new project type - a service desk project. https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-desk

This has access for a customer via a portal.

I need to check if they can see attachments (I think they can).

Regards

Paul Sawkins

Ok, and I will check with our Atlassian devs next week to see how we handle these (they are out of the office for the holidays).

Does that work for you, Paul?

Yes - thanks

Regards

Paul Sawkins

1 Like

Hey @Paul_Sawkins, popping in with an update. We confirmed that the panel doesn’t work for anonymous viewers, and are looking into how to solve that. :slight_smile:

Happy New Year, my friend!

Morning @Paul_Sawkins.

We released a new version of our Jira Cloud plugin to support service desk projects. :slight_smile:

Let me know if it’s working on your side.