Changing font size on one text element resizes all text in the mockup

Mockups 3.0.3 and Mockups 3.0.5 (just upgraded).

I have a project with five mockups.
Select any text element.
Open text element, select all text inside OR just select the text element itself.
In text properties, select new font size.
Balsamiq shows brief ‘in progress’ bar.
All text on the entire mockup is now changed to new size.

Desired: I just want the selected text to change size, not all text in the entire file!

Any ideas why this is happening?

Hi Micah! Yes, I do know what’s happening. Sorry it was confusing for you. :slight_smile:

You are changing the default font size for your entire project in the Project Info panel. What you want is the Inspector panel, so that you can change properties of individual controls.

Here is an article on the Project Info panel: http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/1895403-the-project-info-panel. And here’s one on the Inspector: http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/110114.

Hopefully that clears things up for you!

Ok, that was the it, user error! Thank you! Though I have to say the two panels are very similar, I just didn’t notice it was different.

Yeah, we worried about that very thing happening. We’re continuing to look for ways to make it clearer. Thanks!

Hey Ben!
Great support here! Is there a way to set the project default text size to anything larger than 18?

Hi @Rufus_Casey!

Thanks for reaching out today.

Currently 18 is the larger font size available as project default but you can modify a specific control’s text size up to 72 from the property inspector if needed.

Would that work for you? If not, could you please let us know which scenario would require a larger project default text size? We’d like to hear about it. :smile:

I’m having the same problem as the original poster. When I click on the Inspector, the panel below is blank. It used to have controls for me to select font size etc. There’s space for me to enter notes and then the option to create an Alternate version but nothing else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ignore this, I managed to get myself sorted. User error!

Hi @Veebee,

Sorry for the confusion with this.

Are you looking into changing the font size for a whole project?
If so, you will need to open the Project Info Panel.

On the other hand, if you are looking into changing the font size of a specific control you will need to select the control and change it from the Property Inspector.

Both scenarios are demonstrated below:

Please let us know if you need any further help with this, we’re always happy to help however we can! :smiley: