Balsamiq Community Discussion

Chrome/g docs extension

After a recent system update, I had the need to build out a ui mock, and realized I neglected to have a new install of balsamiq added.
In my haste I found a reference to the free trial of the chrome extension and quickly banged out my design. Great!
The license I currently have at work is for the desktop version. Would this provide the same capability? Since I never thought to use it this way, it never struck me to check.
Pricing seems a bit different than other options as the extension is $5 a month or $50 per year, so they would seem to be entirely separate options?

Thanks for any information on this.

Well, I guess I needed to RTFD to find that it is an additional product, portable only by the balsamiq file image.

Hi there @karlkras! Great questions. Balsamiq Wireframes for Desktop and Balsamiq Wireframes for Google Drive do the same thing (help you create delightful wireframes), but as you have seen, they have different pricing structures (one-time purchase versus ongoing subscription), and the data is saved in different places (your local machine versus Google Drive). If it helps, we have a compare page here: Comparing the Different Balsamiq Versions | Balsamiq