Balsamiq Community Discussion

Copy / Paste Freezes Balsamiq wireframes for Jira

We are using Balsamiq wireframes for Jira at our office. It was working great until it started freezing the project the moment you try and paste any copied item.

Tried copying just elements from one wireframe to another - freeze
Tried copying from outside of balsamiq into a wireframe - freeze

Currently using Google Chrome. I tried in MS Edge as well as running Chrome in Incognito mode. All still freezing. I even tried from another machine and still got the same result.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and if so, how did you fix it?

-Darryl

Hi @DarrylB and sorry for the trouble.

I’ve just tried to reproduce the issue but it seems to work fine on my end so let’s try to find the cause together.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with a newly created project or is it only happening with a specific BMPR file? If that’s the case, could you share the related file via support@balsamiq.com?

Also, are you using Jira Cloud or Server/DC?
If you’re using Jira Server or DC, could you share the Jira version and Balsamiq version that you’re running?

We’ll do everything we can to help!

Hi @Virgin,

Yeah it was doing it in all projects. After playing around more, I seemed to have found it only does when using the menu shortcuts in the action bar at the top.

If I use the keyboard shortcuts then it pastes fine, but the moment i use either the past icon or edit → paste, then it freezes.

We use Jira Cloud.

So seems I at least know what option to avoid for now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the additional information @DarrylB. I’m seeing it too.

I’ll take it to our dev team to see how we can fix it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi again @DarrylB and sorry for the confusion with this one.

We’ve just deleted the previous reply to give you an update about this issue. We have been able to reproduce it but unfortunately, we have no control over this action and we cannot “force” it to work in our Atlassian apps.

That being said, we have decided to mitigate the issue by adding a popup dialog that will prompt users to use the keyboard shortcut CMD+V instead.

Hope this helps! Thanks again for reporting the issue. :slight_smile: