Data Grid - ability to combine rows/columns

Hi - w.r.t. Data Grid is it possible to combine rows within a column OR combine combine columns within a row (similar to Excel)?

Hey again, Raj! :slight_smile:

We don’t have an option for this yet, but the Data Grid is something we hope to revisit soon. We have a lot of things we’d like to try there.

I will add this to the list, my friend. Thank you for taking the time to post about it! Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the prompt response Brendan - appreciate it!

I would also love to see this feature in balsamiq.

Excellent! We’re waiting for this functionality. :slight_smile: :+1:

Would also be happy to see this implemented.
You should also have a ‘vote’ button in such threads to avoid ‘me too!’ posts like this one :slight_smile:

I wonder if that’s doable with Discourse @boazr. :thinking: We will look into it.

I’ve also recorded your vote for the data grid!

Thanks for the quick response, @Brendan.
I’m not familiar with Discourse so I cannot wisely comment on it.
I have noticed, after I’ve submitted my response, that one can hit the ‘heart’ icon. It can serve as the ‘vote’ counter but I think that a dedicated ‘vote’ is more clear and intuitive, and UX is what we’re all about here, aren’t we? :wink:

Thanks anyway!

Totally agreed, @boazr.

We use the heart icon to notate when we have recorded a vote - so not even we are using it as it was intended.

I’m looking for ways to integrate with our feature/bug tracking system, and I haven’t found anything yet. I’m hoping we do, though. I think that would be really handy.

I vote for this feature as well!