Data Grid Interactivity

I’m not sure if this is even possible, but I have been struggling with to find a way to dynamically insert a new row into a data grid on a submit without redirecting to a cloned mockup with a manually added row to make it appear as if it was a seamless action.

Is this getting outside the scope of lo fi mockups? Trying to limit my comments on mockups from “dynamically add a row to this table on click”.

Any tips or tricks are appreciated!

Hi @Chris_Kerber,

Thanks for getting in touch about this.

Actually, this is not something you can achieve in our little tool which has low interactivity on purpose, as detailed here.

As you mentioned, the easiest way to achieve what you look for is to use one mockup for each “state” you’d like to show. Once these are set up, the Linking feature will help you to demonstrate click-through prototypes. I’m happy to walk you through this if you need, let me know via support@balsamiq.com.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you need anything else. :slightly_smiling:

Thanks for the reply @Virgin!

Currently the mock up per state is working out fairly quickly (a big bonus over other tools my company is looking at), and I think I’ve successfully championed us moving to Balsamiq purely based on the speed at which we can push out a mock up. The linking feature is fantastic and something I personally enjoy. I’ve actually cited the article you mentioned in your post to my director on why we should be utilizing lo fi mockups instead of essentially building prototypes which are extremely time consuming in comparison.

Thanks to your whole team for such a fantastic product! Hopefully I can keep pushing our little company to bulk purchase some licenses and standardize our process a little better.

Wow Chris, that’s awesome :slight_smile:

I’m going to share your comments with the rest of the team - stuff like absolutely makes our day! Thank you, so much, for taking the time out of your day to write this post!

If there is anything we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to ask!