Data Grid Selections

HI,
In a data grid is it possible to actually make an entry a link so during demonstration, when this entry is clicked, a different mockup appears?

Mike.

Mike,
I was able to do this by taking one of the entries and enclosing it in brackets. You will then see these entries available under the Links sections of the Inspector.

Michael! How are you, my friend? :smile:

There are actually a couple ways you can do this.

The first is you can encapsulate the text you want to link with brackets (IE [this text is now linkable]) and that will allow you to assign a link to that text. More text info here: https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/text/#basic-formatting

If you would rather the entire row be a link, you can cheat by placing a transparent rectangle over that row, and then assigning a link to the rectangle. Here is an image demonstrating what I mean:

Let me know if that accomplishes what you are looking for, Michael.

Always nice seeing you around. We will be here if you need anything!

Man, @russ beat me by SECONDS.

Ah ha!

That’s it!

Doing well Brendan. I see more and more every time I start it up. Fascinating software.

I already enclosed the text in brackets to display it as a linked entry. However, I neglected to review the Data Grid properties and missed the Links area and thus, the opportunity to assign an actual mockup to the displayed link.

Thanks Everyone.