Datagrid links and colors

I’m not really sure if this would be considered a bug or needs additional notes in the documentation for the datagrid…

This morning I was working with a datagrid and was attempting to add a link. To complicate matters I also was specifying a color for the text. I had previously done this on numerous occasions, but this morning I could not get the text in the datagrid cell to show as a Link in the inspector. It did however display in the datagrid as a Link. (It is Monday morning and I could not rule out a PEBCAK error)

Anyway, after a little bit of trial and error and examining previous examples, I found the issue was all due to a SPACE between the preceding comma and the [ for the link. If there is no SPACE, the Link option will not show in the Inspector, but does appear to be a link in the datagrid.

Simplified example with no {color} specified:

results in no Link for 1234457

Adding a SPACE between the two "cells" of the datagrid allows this to work correctly.

And this one works. :smiley:

And if anyone is curious how to use color with the link, use this syntax and don't forget the SPACE. (See the notes on colors on the [Working with Text](https://docs.balsamiq.com/desktop/text/) documentation page.)

Russ!

One of these days we will have to put you on the payroll for posts like this :stuck_out_tongue:

The comma thing is a bug that we are working on right now. It’s a pain in the butt, and we want to get it fixed.

{color} is also something we are looking at because it can be confusing. I love this workaround, though. We are building a “workaround” page for the docs, and I will be adding this :).

Thank you for all that you do for us, Russ!