Balsamiq Community Discussion

Editing Text in UI Controls

Hello,

I am using Balsamiq cloud since a week and was able to edit text in the UI controls. However, the tool is not allowing me to edit text by double-clicking now. I am still able to edit the text by hitting Enter or F2 but not by double-clicking. Can you let me know what’s the issue?

Hi @Anupriya_Basu

Thanks for the post. While some controls (e.g. ‘Icon and Label’) have more than one thing that can be edited meaning double-click to change the icon and to edit the text, regular text controls (e.g. ‘Text’ or ‘Title’) should be editable by either double-clicking or pressing .

So this is curious… Can you tell me the name(s) of the control(s) which is/are affected? Or do all controls with text appear to be affected?

I’d like to take a look directly at your project on Cloud if you’re ok with that? Can you let me know the name and I’ll open it up from this end and take a look? Also, would you let me know the browser you are using and the browser version?

Best regards

Alasdair

I’m not able to edit the text when I double-click. I’ve just started using Balsamiq. When I right click the menu gives me choices. I can transform the text, but I want to change the text from A Big Title to something else. I’m using a Chrome and the version is Version 62.0.3202.94

Thanks,
Joan.

Hi @Joan_Margau

Thank you for the post. Are specific text controls affected or do all controls with text have the issue?

If I could take a look at your project directly, that would help. Can I go ahead and take a look - if you let me know the name, I can open it up from this end?

Regards

Alasdair

Hi @alasdair

I think this is for all controls as I am not able to change any text in a menu. It’s set to Batman etc. and I would like to change that to say About. Yes, the project name is Joan Learning Wireframe.

Thank you,
Joan.

Hi @Joan_Margau

Following up our off-line conversation, it looks like this is working correctly. To confirm, double-click is required to edit the text in a text control.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with any other questions and happy wireframing!

Regards

Alasdair

Hi@alasdair

Thank you for your help. Yes everything so far is working correctly. Still learning my way around Balsamiq, so far so good.

Joan.

Have the same problem. What should i do to fix issue?

I’m sorry about that, @wilson. Are you unable to edit a text control at all - even when double-clicking?

Same for me. I am not able to change the text of a label by double-clicking on it.

Sorry about that, @Falk.

We’re still tracking this one down but in the meantime, does ENTER allows you to edit the control?

Yes, ENTER and F2 work fine. So a workaround is available.

BTW I am using Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 7.