End key/fn-Right key doesn't go to the end of the line

When editing a text box or other general multiline text element, when a user presses “End” of “Fn-Right” the text cursor jumps to the beginning of the paragraph, not the beginning of the line of text. Test it out when replying to me as to how it should behave.

Hey Colin,

I’m sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you. I’m checking on this for you. I think you’re right; it’s a bug. It acts differently in Project Notes field.

I’ll find out what’s up and get back to you!

Hey, Colin!

I have an answer for you. I believe if you use CMD/CTRL + Down Arrow, you will get the result you are looking for.

Let me know! :slight_smile:

Thanks Brendan,

However, the CMD/CTRL + Down Arrow behaviour in the Sticky note control doesn’t work in a Home/End style behaviour.

Oh weird, Colin. What behavior are you seeing? Similar to your gif?

If so, can you tell me what OS you’re running and what version of Mockups you are on?

Balsamiq Mockups
Version: 3.3.12 - 03/16/2016 04:16
Adobe Air Player Version: MAC 11,9,900,169
System Version: OS X 10.10.3

Ah, try CMD+Down

Ctrl+Down is for Windows users. I should have specified that. Sorry Colin!

On my machine in Balsamiqs on a Mac, CTRL-Down and CMD-Down have the same behaviour on the navigation of the cursor, so I still cannot navigate to the end of a line.

However, it would be much better to support standard text editing controls. You can even try it right in the comment box on this thread. SHIFT-Fn-Right allows you to select text until the end of the line, instead of all the way to the end.

I see now, Colin.

My brain wasn’t parsing your request correctly, I’m sorry about that!

I will talk to the team about making CMD/CTRL + Right Arrow go to the end of the line. :slight_smile: