Enhancement: Adjusting the size of one-line text

Adjusting the size of one-line text (label, title, subtitle) has always been an annoyance in Balsamiq. The only way to do it is to go in the size dropdown and select a new size.

I wish that at least, we had size-decrement and size-increment buttons, that would be much faster. But at best, since it’s not a paragraph, I should be able to resize text directly to what my eyeballs think, so having handles to resize and the size adjusting automatically.

Accessorily, the quick mockup feature (holding Y to drag a text area, then inserting text) should convert to the right size that it’s been drawn. Eg. if I dragged something that looks 72pt, then it should be a Title with 72pt, and not revert back to 24pt. And so on for other sizes.

I think those are both great suggestions, @joallard. Let me pass them on to the team and see if we can do something better here. I think we may hit a snag with the font re-sizing, but let’s see if there is a smart way to mitigate that.

If other folks are feeling the pain here, like this post.

If there is anything else that you’d like to see, let me know, and thank you for taking the time to post about this. :slight_smile: It helps us make the app better!