Escape operator characters in ComboBox

I don’t make a lot of mockups, but Balsamiq is so helpful when I do. Great product!

I have a ComboBox for selecting math operators:

=
<
<=
!=

When I upgraded from 3.2.3 to 3.3.11 I now have issues with the = and > items. The = creates a separator and the > turns into an arrow. These are nice features, but I want to show the = and > characters. I have tried to escape them by pre-pending a \ or _ or ' or even a space, but those don't seem to work to give me the = and > characters. I searched the documentation and forum and wasn't able to find another way to escape those characters. I can probably make it work by overlapping a label or something, but I am curious if there is a better way.

Thanks,

James

Hi @uimind,

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile:

You’re right, this changed since version 3.3.5 where we added many improvements to the Combo Box control, as detailed here.

I’m sorry for the hassle it caused. I’ve reported this behavior to the dev team so they can work on fixing it and make the special character \ working in this case.

In the meantime, the easiest/quickest workaround might be to make them bold (using **), as shown below:

Please let us know if you need anything else, James. We’re here to help!

Thank you for the great response and very clever workaround.