Export mokups to PNG - 16:9 format?

Hi all!
my first post here.

I’m an happy licensed balsamiq 3.5.5 user and i’m using balsamiq as primary tool for some slides, (see twitter.com/solarisoftware home graphic).

I need to possibly have slides in PDF file, in 16:9 format.

With current balsamiq release i can export mokups pages in PNG format,
But, as far as I know, is not possible to pre-define a 16:9 format of the exported png, I’m correct?

Any suggestion to best fit the exported images to fit/maximixe a 16:9 format ?

BTW, this could be a possible requested feature.

Last but not least, the best could be to possibly export all mokups as a single PDF file (in 16:9 or 4:3 format) :slight_smile:

In any case, there isa any suggested tool to convert sequence of pngs files in a single PDF

thanks for your patience
giorgio

Hey @solyarisoftware :slight_smile:

The export to PNG feature should respect the aspect ratio of your mockups, but it would be interesting if we could force an aspect ratio on export as well. Let me run that by the team and see if it’s something we can do.

As for PDF export, using the Export to PDF function should grab all your mockups into a single file. Are you looking to affect the aspect ratio there too?

Using the paper size may help you get close to the AR you are looking for. Let me know :slight_smile:

Hi Brendan!

thanks for quick reply.

The export to PNG feature should respect the aspect ratio of your mockups,

yes…, a possible workaround could be
to contain objects of a mokup page, all into a 16:9 “container” rectangle (with bords with same color of background, to appera transaprent…)

but it would be interesting if we could force an aspect ratio on export as well. Let me run that by the team and see if it’s something we can do.

that’s could be great, thanks :slight_smile:

As for PDF export, using the Export to PDF function should grab all your mockups into a single file.

oh yes, this is what I’m looking for, I lost the option.

Are you looking to affect the aspect ratio there too?

yes.

Using the paper size may help you get close to the AR you are looking for. Let me know :slight_smile:

in facts exporting to PDF with “Optimize for viewing on screen” give good results (just because the margin), but is suboptimal, beacuse resulting pages in PDF are almost, but not perfectly 16:9, with some AR distortion.

The best could be having a “paper size” = 16:9
and maybe the possibility to tune the margin.

Thanks for your help
regards
giorgio

Balsamiq as tool to build presentation slides!

Thank YOU for the idea, Giorgio. :slight_smile:

We are in the process of moving away from Adobe Air, so this is something we will have to look at after we have a new our new exporter - but it’s on our radar now!

OK Brendan,

good news :wink:

I’ll try more experiments and

other story:
soon I’ll also post my few modest suggestions for the balsamiq UI layout

thanks again