[FEATURE REQ] Aspect ratio lock

Hi Balsamiq,

would you please consider adding a feature to lock the aspect ratio of an object when resizing? I could do it with SHIFT key, yes, but right now I would like to change the size of an image to let’s say 100px and keep its aspect ratio - I need to fine-tune it with mouse which is annoying - I would prefer to add a width value and height would change accordingly (basically like in any other app where you can resize objects…):

Thanks!

Ignore - totally missed the point with this response.

Hey @Dan

Once more and in more simple words for you. Of course I know that I can hold the SHIFT key - read my previous post, please.

I’m talking about situation when I want to set specific size of an object and keep its aspect ratio - typically of a PICTURE. I want to have it 100px high. And I want to keep the ASPECT RATIO. So now I need to hold the shift key and drag the mouse very slowly and check the size all the time. It’s annoying. I would like simply enter the value of 100px and the image would resize AND keep its aspect ration. Do you understand this concept?

Ah sorry I am with you. I totally missed that in your post. Ignore my post.

Hi @Vaclav_Kocian,

I just added this feature request in our internal tracker so we can review and consider it for the future. If others would like to see it, please let us know (or add your Like/Heart vote above) to help us prioritize this request.

Thanks for sharing your feedback! Keep it coming!

Please add this feature ASAP. Would make life much easier.

+1 need this feature regularly

+1 Always need this… Just updated to 3.4.1 and SHIFT + ENTER doesn’t seem to be working anymore…

Hmm, that’s no good @lazybear. Does shift+mouse drag resizing work for you?

+1 for adding this feature

How come this still has not been implemented??? It’s a must!

+1 this feature would really help, I’m surprised it’s not in yet