Balsamiq Community Discussion

Feature Request: Better Support for 4k Monitors

Trying to use Balsamiq on a 4k monitor is painful. I’m on a maxed-out 2018 MBP and it should have plenty of power… but dragging and editing on Balsamiq is on an external 4k monitor is so painful. When I drop down to a 1080p monitor it’s smooth as silk. I don’t think this is my hardware, it feels really clunky.

Also, it’s next to impossible to get the yellow spacer lines to show up between items while dragging.

Anyone else having this issue?

I’m sorry about this, @dg31415. This is coming with the big app rewrite we are working on.

We should have more news on that soon - but this shouldn’t be a problem for much longer. :slight_smile:

Hey @Brendan,

Appreciate the response.

Look, on the whole Balsamiq is holding up quite nice for old software. But yeah, there’s some wear around the edges.

We think the re-write is coming in the next quarter? In the next year? Any hint on the time frame?

Thanks!

I can’t pull back the curtain too much because release dates almost always mean disappointment or crunch, two things we don’t want to do. I can say that if we didn’t ship by the end of Q3, we would be disappointed. It’s very close.

It’s so close, in fact, that if you want to beta test some buggy software, I know a guy who knows a guy who can get you in the closed beta.

If that sounds like something you’d like, dm me.