[Feature Request] Change icon position on buttons

Hi there,

For my Mockups I often use buttons and buttons with icons. It’s default that when i add an icon to a button, it appears left to the text, like this: .
However for our corporate styleguides we also have buttons with the icons right to the text, like this: .

So I was thinking, it would be helpful for me to be able to have such an option to change the position of an icon in the settings (Protperties Inspector) of a button and maybe even pointy button as well.

What do you think about this?

Hi again,

I definitely understand how that would be useful in your case, we’ll get there!

I’ve added your vote for this feature request in our internal tracker so we can review and consider it for the future.
If others would like to see this, please let us know (or add your Like/Heart vote above) to help us prioritize this request.

I bet you use it already @Liubi (your second screenshot has it I believe) but let’s share the work around for now so everyone can use it if needed. You can left-align the text in the button and add a separate icon control that you can then overlay on the right side of the button and even group it if needed. :smile:

Thanks @Liubi for your suggestion, as always! That’s a big help for us when it comes to deciding on the new features to implement to our little tool. :wink:

Hi @Virgin,
that’s exactly the workaround that I’m using:)
However, I’m working on some templates, and later my colleagues will be (or some are already) using them further. And as one of the templates is for a process. In the action bar depending on the progress we have either “back” and “next” or “back” and “done”. For the first case I use the pointy buttons, they are perfect for me and no icon is needed. But for the second case for the “done” button I need to add the check icon, on the right side of it. And then I have to add this icon separately and move the text on the pointy buttons with space bars (as there is no alignment available). So probably when more colleagues will start using the templates, I’ll have to explain this workaround many many times.
So I thought if you could implement something like this, it could make my life easier :slight_smile: Thanks for listening to me and maybe for a chance that once it could come true xD