[Feature request] Copy/paste additions

Request for 2 fairly simple features if I may:

1. Paste images/screenshots from clipboard into a mockup. This could essentially add an Image control referencing a newly made file of the screenshot saved inside the project file. Sometimes a complex object has already been coded and you just want to chuck a screenshot in quickly rather than try and replicate its intricacies.

2. Copy entire mock-up to screenshot. At present, one can press Ctrl+Shift+C and paste into Outlook which adds the mockup as an attachment. I’d like to have the ability to paste the image inline when composing an email. If I require a file I tend to hit Ctrl+R (which sometimes crashes Mockups 3, but that’s another issue).

Thanks
Ryan

Hi @Ryan,

Good to hear from you again! :slight_smile:

1. You can actually import your images/screenshots in Mockups 3. The only thing you would need to do is to open the screenshot (e.g. using Preview on Mac or Paint on Windows) and make the copy from there. Pasting should then work fine in Mockups. You can also drag and drop the file to the tool if you prefer.

2. I just gave it a try and could paste the image inline in my email using the web version of Outlook (works fine with other email providers too). This sounds like a setting that may need to be adjusted in Outlook. This forum page may have some hints for you.

Hope this helps!

Hi Virgin

Yes I am familiar with those approaches, but to borrow the phrase from the link you provided, both are “a bit clicky”. If I can alter behaviour without reaching for the mouse, browsing directories and/or opening other programs such as Paint I’d be able to create and send mockups with much more ease.

Totally agree, Ryan. We wish that Outlook worked like this. Hopefully, drag and drop will ease some of the pain for now. I’m sorry that we don’t have a better answer for you today. :pensive: