[Feature Request] Customised properties for self created symbols

I am currently creating a navigation controller for an iOS mockup and have setup a symbol for this.

I would like to be able to use my symbol and then adjust properties from the property inspector, for example (Title Text, Back Button Text). Even better would be able to add additional UI widgets to the nav bar.

Note: I am not looking for a navigation controller template, this is purely an example of how this kind of new functionality could be used. The key point is that there would be a way to:

1 - Create property items for any self created (custom) symbol.
2 - Choose what this property item links to within the custom symbol.
3 - Set values for these at mockup design time.

I believe a similar request was raised near the end of last year (2015) I thought I might attempt to be a bit more specific regarding the use case.

Hey, @CyberMick. This is something we are going to look into at some point the future, sometime after we add nested symbols.

I don’t have a timetable for it but, as you noticed, you are not the first person to ask for it, so we know there are people out there who’d like to see it. Thank you for taking the time to throw your name into that bucket - stuff like that helps us guide development!

If there is anything else you’d like to see, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Feature requests are our lifeblood.

Happy Wireframing, my friend :slight_smile:

Many thanks for the reply Brendan. Keep up the good work.