[Feature request] Fullscreen (non-presentation) mode for OS X

I searched through the forum and could not find this feature request. I would like the possibility to use Balsamiq Mockups in fullscreen in OS X (as introducted in OS X Lion). Currently you can only make it take up 100% on your desktop, but that leaves you with the bottom bar. Especially when not connected to a monitor, it would be nice to go into fullscreen on the relatively smaller screens of laptops/Macbooks.

Totally agree with this, @Jord, and the good news is that it’s coming!

Because Mockups is an Adobe Air app, we cannot take advantage of OS X’s full screen APIs. But as soon as the native app arrives (which is getting closer), we will be able to mock-up in full screen.

I’m sorry if this has been a hassle for you up to this point, but I really appreciate you taking the time to post here. Please let us know if there is anything else you’d like to see. Feature requests are our lifeblood! :slight_smile:

Good to know! Is there actually a list available of approved feature requests? That would help prevent me from posting requests that are already in progress!
Thanks for the reply.

Not a public one, I’m sorry about that.

However, there are always features that we are on the fence about, so if you happen to request one of those, it helps us gauge demand. And requesting ones in progress make us feel good because we can say “hold tight, it’s coming”, so we don’t mind those either. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if Balsamiq teams has developed this feature already. On my client there’s an option to enter full-screen, as you can see on my attachement, but doesn’t work.
I really appreciate a fix for this feature. Thanks a lot for your work!

Hi @Dreamway,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. This option is the Mac OS default one but it does not work for now in our app because of Adobe Air (as Brendan explained above). The good news is that this will change once we go native, which is our main focus right now.

On the other hand, if you were looking for the Full Screen Presentation Mode, here are more details. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the fast and very clear answer, I apologize for having created a bit 'of confusion in the forum, I had not read very well the previous post by Brendan.

Looking forward to your native version, I wish you good work