Feature request: Link to a mockup in another project file

I have found myself creating large mockups. However with Balsamiq 3, as I add more mockups balsamiq slows down, eventually to an unusable level. Consequently I end up splitting my mockups into separate project files. Unfortunately I cannot link to a mockup in another project file so I loose the ability to demonstrate the full mockup dynamically or create a single dynamic PDF.

Ideally, If I open 2 or more projects, when I link and scroll down to find the link I’d like to be able to see the mockups in all the open projects - grouped by project.

Hi @Andrew_Hart,

Sorry for the hassle. Let’s try to see what’s causing the slowness on your end:

Are you using the latest version (3.2.4)? You can download it here if needed: https://balsamiq.com/download

Which OS are you using? Have you seen the same issue on different computers maybe?

Have you identified any specific steps leading to the slowness issue? If so, could you please share it with us so we can try to work on improving this behavior?

In case you have a “slow” project, would you mind sharing your BMPR file to support@balsamiq.com so that we can try to reproduce the issue here? We will keep your data in the strictest confidence and only long enough to try to debug your issue.

Thanks for the report, we’ll do our best to help with this! :smile: