[Feature Request] More shape widgets and tools

A lot of times I need to just create a none standard shape and the basic shape symbols just aren’t doing it for me.

I need something like the ability to create a shape using a polygon tool. Something that lets me control the nodes in the polygon and resize the shape by moving them around, adding more nodes or removing some. The polygon fill can be changed also, with opacity and color. Control of the outline color and thickness.

Also the ability to rotate shapes would come in handy.

Hi Donny,

Currently as a workaround you can create a polygon in any graphic editor and paste it in Balsamiq as an image.

Though, I re-phrase your claim: please make this feature in v4! … or just v4 :rofl:

While I think this is getting a little more into the prototype-y/high fidelity space, I will definitely bring it up with the dev team.

In the mean time, you can use the Line/Arrow control to construct polygons as well. It’s not a wonderful way to do it, but it will work. :slight_smile:

I do use the Line/Arrow control to do outlines for different shapes. The only problem is it doesn’t have a fill or ability to control opacity, control colors for border and fill. etc.