Balsamiq Community Discussion

Feature Request: Page Numbers and Spell Check

@peterporter - would a macro along the lines of {page-number} (similar to {mockup-name}) meet your needs? This is a suggestion that was made on another topic somewhere … (sorry, don’t have time to look it up right now).

another suggestion was {alternate-name}

@Jenni_Merrifield - That’s the first I’ve heard about the mockup-name macro! That could certainly help, but I think a straight page number would make coordinating with others easier. The macro would assume that all users take the time to add one to a page (and in a uniform location).

To derail the conversation further: Is there a macro based way to have a common modifiable color throughout a project (e.g define {button-color} as a hex value and use the macro for my buttons’ color)?

I like to see Spell check feature this year :slight_smile:

Spell check saves my life on a DAILY basis, @njasarevic, so I too would love it.

The good news is that it’s something that comes with going native, and we are working as fast as we can on that.

It’s coming :slight_smile: Stay tuned…

Yep BIG plus 1 for Spell Check.

I am hopeless at typing and not much good at spelling.
It’s embarrassing when I do a presentation and I notice the spelling mistakes (or others do !)
And it seems to have gotten worse as I get older…

For me it’s right up there as a P1 req.
Thanks.

I am not only the worst speller in the world but I’m Canadian so we use a UK/US hybrid. Is there any hope that Balsamiq will add localized Spell Check before I retire?

We want that, @TheEarthMonkey. And we are working towards that!

Any update on spell check?

Hi @Tyler_Durrans,

As Brendan mentioned, that is definitely something we’d like to add to Mockups. We are thinking about adding it once we go native and we are working hard to make that happen soon. I’ve added your vote for it to help prioritizing the request.

Let us know if we can do anything else for you! :slight_smile:

please add another vote for spell check!

YES on spell check, it’s starting to be a big problem for me :frowning: I am bad speller and have lots of typos. Without Ctrl F feature it also hard to fix the error that I do notice.

I agree on automatic page numbers, but for me, it would be good if it was added automatically in slide name on the left nav. I get and track my changes based on slide number, but that’s very hard when there are no numbers. Normally I keep the PDF open and then find correct slides this way, but would love to cut this step out.

Add my support for this request.

Spell check is my #1 request, looking forward to it.

Adding my support for:

1. Spell Check
  2. Find / Replace

I use the Mockups 3 application natively, on my Windows machine. Does this mean spell check is coming soon?

Hey @JohnZ, What we mean by “native” is a version that does not rely on Adobe Air. It’s a big change that will allow us to add a lot of cool features (like Spell Check and Find/Replace). It will take more time, but we can’t wait to get it to you!

+1 for both!

Same here as in I’m not bad at spellings, but at times when you write a lot of sections having text components an auto spellcheck feature can definitely help and can save you a lot of time + good for sending out a mockup to a client without being embarrassed by putting silly spelling mistakes lol. :slight_smile:

I do hope we’ll get to see spell check this year!

Hey. I still use Balsamiq a lot, and mostly love it.

Can we please have that spill chuck functunalaty cors I karnt spill for nuts
:slight_smile:

Thx.

+1 for Spell Check!