Balsamiq Community Discussion

[Feature Request] Paste At Position

Standard behavior for paste in graphics application is to copy a object and then paste at mouse position. However in Balsamiq, it seems to paste at last-pasted object position. Can this “Paste A Position” be added ?

Steps:

1. Copy a object
  2. Move mouse to document location
  3. Paste object (object is pasted at mouse location)
1 Like

Hi @macdevign_mac and thanks for sharing your need.

I’ve added a feature request for this one so we can talk about it with the team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help!

This is a great idea.

It is important to keep the current behaviour. (It can save lots of time when copying across multiple mockups.)

But it would also be really great to have a “Paste at position” action too. When moving an item into or out of a large group I often find it gets pasted where I cannot see it and I have to go on a hunt for it.

I often find elements in a mockup that were the result of a paste that I thought had failed but had instead deposited the item outside of the view port.

If it could have a keyboard shortcut that would be even better. E.g. cmd-alt-v.

1 Like

Paste in place is quite common and useful action across many graphics editing tool. E.g. I constantly use it in Figma (and earlier in Xara Designer). The shortcut is CTRL + SHIFT + V, I’m on Windows :wink:

Current implementation, as @paulshoughton described, looks like “I feel lucky” on Google search :crazy_face:

Please add my voice, too :raised_back_of_hand:

1 Like