[Feature Request] Shape without border

Hello my dear friends,

First of all, let me say thank you.

I´m using Balsamiq almost every day for quite a while now and it helped me bring many of my ideas on paper already :slight_smile:

There is one thing that´d make me very happy though…

I´d love to see the possibility of using “shape” without border. (“rectangle” features that possibility already --> Border Style: no border).

That´d make it brilliant to use different shapes, colours and opacities to build bigger shapes…

So far if i try to build more complex shapes with multiple “shapes”, then want to set the opacity to eg 50%, the entire outcome will become ruined by the borders of the shapes.

Alternatevely to adding this feature to “shape”, it would also be possible to introduce “circle”, “triangle”, “star”, “parallelogram”,… (Same functionality as “rectangle”)

Thank you so much and big love :blush:

Hey @da0088,

Thank you so much for the kind words, they mean the world to us! :smile:

Your request makes total sense, I’ll give it a nudge since this is something we’ve been asked for already. We’ll review it again with the team shortly.

Thanks for taking the time to share your need with us today and, by doing so, for helping us making the tool better!

+1 from me

+1 from me as well!

Really looking forward to a simple way to add colored shapes of variable opacity!!!
On the meantime, how would you accomplish?
Many thanks; we love balsamiq!

Hey @David_Eaton!

The Shape control has an opacity and color property in the properties panel.

If you’re looking to change the border opacity, let me know, and I will add your vote to the story from earlier in the thread. :slight_smile: