Feature Request - Tab Colors

In my mockup I added a Tab Control. For one of the tabs I need the tab color to be RED and the text color WHITE.

It would be nice if the Color section listed each tab, like the Link section, and had color pickers for the tab and text color. See included screenshot.

Hi @CMT,

I’ve added this request to our internal tracker so we can review and consider it for the future.

If others would like to see this feature, please let us know (or add your Like/Heart vote above) to help us prioritize this request.

Thanks for taking the time to share your need here! :smile:

I have the similar requirements for my Mockup. I do not see a option to color each tabs. How can we achieve this?

We don’t have a way to do it natively yet, but there is a good workaround you can use.

If you overlay a borderless, semi-transparent rectangle over the tab, and color that, the tab will appear to be colored. Here is a GIF explaining what I mean. :slight_smile:

That will do. Thanks Brendan.

Brendan - I do not see any option to select the border type for the rectangle. I have cloud version of
myBalsamiq
Version: release/4829 - 4829
Editor Version: 2.3.4829 - 07/06/2016 08:15
Flash Player Version: WIN 22,0,0,192

Hi @ana,

Here is the related option:

Here’s the way to use it in myBalsamiq:

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I realized that I was using Geometric shape instead of Rectangle control. My bad…
So Geometric shape does not have that option…hmmm…the border style feature for geometric shape would have been nice.

If I overlay a borderless, semi-transparent rectangle over the tab, and color that, the tab links won’t work

That’s true Ana, and I’m sorry about that. The good news is that you can move the links to the rectangle itself.

I’ve also added a note that having a border property on shapes is something you’d like to see. :slight_smile: Let us know if there is anything else you need! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help.