Feature - Search links and indent them

Hi there
I was just putting my finishing touches on my first large (by my standards) mockup set and I have several buttons and sections that need to link to other mockups so that it’s easier to navigate once i export to PDF.

However, since it’s a long list of mockups (50+ pages), scrolling down the list of Links to find what I need is very cumbersome so a search to show you the ‘hits’ while typing would be awesome! Much like the search feature you already have for Icons :slight_smile:

What would also be amazing would be to have those mockups I have pressed TAB on to make them sub-mockups of others to appear indented in that list because it’d be clear to quickly identify the headers!

Hope the above make sense…

Thanks Balsamiq team!

Panos

Hey @plivanos!

I think what you’re looking for sounds a lot like the Mockup Hierarchy we introduced a few versions back.

Let’s get you on the most up-to-date version of the app, and then see if that’s what you’re looking for. If not, I definitely want to talk about it with you. :slight_smile:

I also want to talk a bit more about the search function. Would you want to see something in the inspector? Where do you envision the search to be? I think this feature would be useful, but I want to make sure I understand it completely before bringing it back to the team.

If it’s easier for you, you can shoot me an email at support@balsamiq.com, and we can talk there - whatever works best for you!

Looking forward to chatting, Panos.

Hi Brendan!
yep, got that feature and it indents the mockups on the mockups pane all right! However, when I want to link to one of those mockups, the list is not indented in the inspector. Here’s a visual that may help!

Let me know if this makes it clearer - if not we’ll pick it up offline for an additional chat

Have a great WE

Panos

Totally @plivanos! Thanks for the clarification, my friend.

I like this feature, let me talk to the team about it. :slight_smile: Let me know if there is anything else you’d like to see!