[FIXED] Bug: duplicated markup elements


#1

Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.4.1


Balsamiq Mockups 3.3.14, Windows 8

Here’s a bug that causes all elements that are being treated as markup to get duplicated.

  1. Draw arrow to mockup (or any other markup elements)
  2. Create a new alternative version of the mockup
  3. Promote the alternative version to official
    –> There are now two identical arrows instead of one. This is easily revealed by dragging one of the arrows.

It gets even worse with time. I just noticed today that I have a mockup that has EIGHT duplicates of all arrows, comments and markup text in it. Ugh.


#2

Hi @markusku,

Sorry for the hassle with this one. What a weird bug!

We just tried but couldn’t reproduce the issue (tested Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac) on our end. I’d like to ask you some more information about the bug:

  • Have you tried to restart the app? Are you still seeing the issue then?
  • Is the issue specific to one project or can you reproduce it in a new project? If specific to one project, could you please share it with us (support@balsamiq.com) so we can investigate further? We’ll keep your data strictly confidential and only long enough to try to fix this.
  • Also, could you please check the version of Adobe Air that you are running? If not the latest, could you please update it to see if it helps?

Sorry again for the trouble, Markus. We’ll get to the bottom of it!


#3

My bad, I missed one step!

  1. Draw arrow to mockup (or any other markup elements)
  2. Create a new alternative version of the mockup
    3) Hide all markup (Ctrl+K)
  3. Promote the alternative version to official
    –> There are now two identical arrows instead of one. This is easily revealed by dragging one of the arrows.

I have restarted computer, updated Balsamiq and Air, and created a brand new project. The problem still occurs.


#4

Thanks for the missing step @markusku!

I’ve just reproduced the bug and passed it on to the dev team. Thanks again for your report, We’ll get it fixed!


#5

Hey @markusku,

We just fixed this bug in our latest beta version available here.

Just a word of caution: as this is a pre-release version, we don’t recommend using it on mission-critical work. The fix will also be included in the next official version.

Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:


#6

Hi @markusku!

Just wanted to let you know that we just released our latest official version (3.4.1) including the fix for this one!

Thanks for your help! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.4.1) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.