Balsamiq Community Discussion

[FIXED][Bug] Mockup v3.5.7 - Group name property overlapping if in front of a container

Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.5.8

Version of the application

Balsamiq Mockups
Version: 3.5.7 - 01/11/2017 16:01
Adobe Air Player Version: WIN 24,0,0,174

Operating System

Windows 10 Professional 64bits

Scenario

• Create a group of elements (Buttons were used in my case)
  • Place the group of elements in front of a container (a Rectangle was used in my case)
  • Select the group of elements
  • Enter a name in the property “Name” of the group of elements (above the “Convert To Symbol” button)
  • Click on the container to lose focus of the group of elements
  • Select the group of elements again
    [BUG] : The “Link” and “Name” properties should now appear at the top of the property panel, over the “Position” property

Thanks in advance

Ugh, that sounds like a nasty little bug @rakel, I’m sorry that you’ve hit it!

From what you are describing, it sounds like you have hit a run-time exception. I am not able to reproduce it on my Windows 10 machine, so I’m wondering if you can reproduce it after you completely close out of mockups, and then re-open it.

Let me know if it persists through restarts, and we will dig deeper. Sorry again for any trouble this has caused you!

Hi Brandan,

Thanks for your quick response.

After multiple restarts, I can still reproduce the bug.

Here’s a recorded .gif of the scenario :

Thanks for sharing the .gif, @rakel, that helped a lot! I was able to reproduce it here and passed it to the dev team so they can work on fixing it.

Sorry again for the trouble, we’ll get it fixed!

Perfect !

Thank you for your quick answer.
Have a good night.

1 Like

Hi @rakel,

Good news! We just released our latest official version (3.5.8) including the fix for this one. Thanks again for reporting it! :slight_smile:

You can grab the latest release here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.