[FIXED] Bug - Navigator Pane automatically expands when doing other actions

Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.5.5

I’ve just started using Balsamiq Mockups 3 today (so excited!) and while I’m still finding my way around and setting it up so it works best for me, I have noticed that if I try to scroll to the right or left, or up or down, on the actual mockup screen, then sometimes the Navigator Pane will automatically expand to its full width. I have to keep resizing it back down to its minimal size so I can see more of the mockup. I have also noticed it happening when I’ve been selecting multiple controls at once on a mockup. It’s really annoying. :frowning: I like having this pane open because it shows me the other mockups I have open (like in the old version where it was tabbed along the bottom), and I frequently have to switch between one and another, but I’m guessing for now I just need to close it until I need it, then reopen it.

Yikes @sasmstr, I’m sorry about that!

I’ve added the bug to the bug tracker. We will get it fixed! :smile:

In the interim, you can use CMD + J (OS X) or CTRL +J (Win) to show and hide the navigator. Hopefully that cuts down on your frustration a little bit.

Thanks for letting us know, and I’m sorry you had to encounter such an annoying issue on your first day! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you see anything else, or if you need anything. We are always happy to help!

Hi @sasmstr,

We just released our latest official version (3.5.4) including the fix for this annoying bug.

Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:

The new version (3.5.4) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here if needed.