[FIXED] [Bug] PDF with links link to the middle of the page instead of top

Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.3.11

Hi,

I have a problem with PDF that has several pages and navigation between these pages (Win 7, 64, Adobe Reader - latest, STD Viewer - latest)

I have a website mockup with short pages and very long pages (almost down to the bottom of workspace), which I export to PDF and view files in PDF viewer.

When I click the links to go from long page to any (short or long) page, I navigate to the top of the required page. However when I navigate from short page to any long one, I navigate to middle/almost bottom of this long page and have to scroll up to see the top of the page with navigation. This also happens on the computer across the ocean (not sure about their settings though).

I could replicate this same issue with a blank project as well (attached)

test.bmpr (23 KB)
test.pdf (49.8 KB).

Is it Balsamiq export related problem or PDF viewers related problem?

Thanks a lot!
Ola

Seeing it here too @obg, I’m sorry about that.

It’s a little better when you shrink it to fit on a page - but then it’s both hard to read, and still doesn’t work great.

I will see if there is anything we can do to make this work a little better! Thanks for the heads up on it :slight_smile:

Hi @obg,

We just released our latest official version (3.3.11) including the fix for this. Thanks again for the report! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you need anything else.

The new version (3.3.11) is available here.
And the complete release notes are here.

Hi,

That’s awesome! Thank you for your work and great tool!