Balsamiq Edit: This has been fixed in version 3.3.11
So this one is a little difficult to describe, so bear with me…I will use the built-in symbol Sample Master Template to explain the issue starting with a new mockup project.
- Create a new symbol library with the Sample Master Template.
- Create five mockups to match the menu bar (Home, Products, Company, Support, Contact)
- Go to Symbols page and edit the Sample Master Template -> menu bar. Set the menu bar “Links” to the corresponding mockups (home, products, company, support, contact)
- Add this symbol to the Home mockup.
- Edit the menu bar portion of the symbol on the Home mockup screen. Accidentally double-click and go into the text editor for the menu bar. Press ESC to back out of text editing.
- With the symbol still selected, set the symbol override for “Selection” and set to Home. Exit the symbol overrides by click on the house icon for the override.
At this point, I should only have a “Selection” override for this symbol for the Home mockup. In fact this is what you see while still in the sybmol overrides. However, if you review the symbol overrides after completely exiting from the override, you will now see that there is an override for Links, Selection, and Text.
This issue only occurs (that I have seen) when accidentally going into the text editor and pressing ESC on symbols with “Link” settings. This has been recreated numerous times in version 3.1.9.